From September 21-24, 7 visitors from Kyrgyzstan will be in KC to:
- Review U.S. immigration law and judicial procedures;
- Gain an understanding of the various stakeholders in international adoptions including the key parties in U.S. Hague Convention adoptions;
- Explore best practices in international adoptions, special needs adoptions, and foster care, including the range of support services available to adoptees and their families;
- Examine the role and work of social service agencies as part of the child welfare system;
- Learn about post-adoption issues and good practices in post-adoption follow-up services and support.