Pan-African Youth Leadership Program: Francophone
Global Ties KC will bring a second PAYLP cohort to Kansas City. These are new 25 high school and adult mentor participants from French-speaking countries.
Are you interested in welcoming 1 or 2 of these students into your home from July 19-August 5? Reach out to Sarah at email@example.com for more information. Hosts are asked to have one proficient French-speaker in the home, and provide a bed, breakfast, and dinner daily.
When we think of youth, we think of idealism, hopes, and dreams for the future. The Pan Africa Youth Leadership Program (PAYLP) believes in the potential for great & lasting impact when leadership development programs target young emerging leaders and adults who empower them. PAYLP brings together anglophone and francophone high school students and adult mentors for practical leadership and technical skills training centered around an action-planning curriculum & capstone. PAYLP offers:
- Interactive leadership trainings
- Conflict resolution seminars
- Social entrepreneurship classes
- Community service opportunities
- Two weeks of homestay with American host families
- An overview of U.S history and institutions
- Exciting cultural activities
- A lifelong PAYLP alumni network